Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Menu Planning Monday! On Tuesday!


Whew this weekend was rough!
In a fun way, of course, but I'm still recovering.  Bryan and I undertook the task of remulching the flowerbeds.  And by "Bryan and I" I mean Bryan lol.  I weeded as I could, but even just that has me out of commission for a few days.  At least the flowerbeds look beautiful!  And this week we'll put up the picket fence border!

Other than that, my beta Mr. Fish died.  I cried like a little girl.  I know he was just a pretty swamp fish, but I'd had him since 2006, when I rescued him from Kelyn, Bryan's sister.  She was tired of him and was going to flush him to that great swamp in the sky.  I stepped in and took him home with me.  I figured I already had Rurouni and they could share food easily enough.  I dubbed him Mr. Fish, and ever since then he had lived on the counter in my bathroom.  To be specific he had lived in four bathrooms--Aggie Station, WUGA, The Landings, and here at the house.  He loved to swim in random circles and to surge up from the bottom with his bent tail in order to chomp two or three food bits at once.  I never expected him to make 5 years, but he did--and now that he's gone I will miss him.

We also joined our church Sunday evening at the Church 101 class--I'm super-excited about it, and Bryan is happy and a little excited that we've joined as well!  When you join a UMC, you pledge to uphold the church with your prayers, presences, gifts and service.  Prayers and presence are easy enough and we're going to fill out our donation commitment card and our service surveys this week, once we discuss the budget and time commitments.  I'm hoping to be able to volunteer with the youth--but we'll have to see which opportunities are compatible with my RA and disability.

Bouncer and Alicia came over for dinner Sunday night, and we girls had our own mini Sit&Stitch while the boys bottled and kegged one batch of beer and brewed a second.  I finally finished my second knitting project and it was fun, even if it did go entirely too late.  1 am is really late/early, especially since they all had work on Monday.  As for me, sleep is the best thing for preventing/controlling flares, and not getting enough after this weekend has made recuperating a bit of a flary bitch.  But that's ok!  Now that I knit, I can feel productive even on days when all I can do for the most part is sit around.  Like today--today is a sit and watch InuYasha while knitting day, with occasional standing/walking around to keep me from aching too much from sitting and to do laundry and dishes.

Yesterday was much the same, except I did go to my Weight Watchers weigh-in!  I lost another .8 pounds, which made me happy!  I didn't actually go to the meeting--instead, I sat in my car in front of the meeting place for thirty minutes talking on the phone with my little brother!  I hadn't talked to him in a couple of weeks, so it was good to catch up!

Speaking of catching up, it's definitely time to plan out this week's menu.  So, here we go!

Breakfast:  some combination of egg, toast, fruit and/or yogurt with cottage cheese with milk
Lunch:  turkey and cheese sandwich for me, leftovers or buying for Bryan
Dinner:
TUESDAY:  Sit and Stitch=Taco night!
WEDNESDAY:  Since I didn't actually make this last week--Feta and Pesto Stuffed Chicken
THURSDAY:  Coconut Shrimp
FRIDAY:  Bryan will be out of town, so I'm thinking a large salad is in order--or maybe some Chinese takeout!
SATURDAY:  Pita Pizzas!
SUNDAY:  Honey Glazed Tilapia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails