Monday, March 21, 2011

Menu Planning Monday! (and new blog layout!)

Howdy howdy!
I've got to say, the last couple of weeks I have felt as if some unseen force was sucking all of the drive and productivity out of my system!  I've had a ton of fun hanging out with friends and celebrating big life moments with them, but when I look around the house, I realize that we haven't been accomplishing a whole lot on the home front.  Well, that's enough of that!

This week it's time to get life back in gear.  And we've already made a good start!  Yesterday, Bryan and I happened to stumble across the perfect wall decor to hang on the living room wall above our couch!  Of course, I need to find a couple of little things for either side, but that's the easy part!  We won't be hanging it until after we've finished painting the downstairs, so pictures will have to wait until then.

We also picked out and installed (well, Bryan installed lol) our new bedroom ceiling fan!  It's very much a beach-feeling ceiling fan, so it looks a little strange in there right now.  BUT once we've painted the walls the really cool blue color we've selected, changed the drapery, and I've gotten the decorating going, it's going to be PERFECT!  And again, pictures have to wait until then too.

The other thing I've been neglecting the past couple of weeks is my Weight Watchers.  I haven't been going to meetings, and I've only been guestimating on tracking--a very dangerous habit to get started.  I was convinced that I had gained weight and so was avoiding going to meetings until today.  I figured it was time to suck it up and face the music, and then get back on track.  Well, I went in today and guess what?

I've lost 2.6 pounds!!!  That makes my total weight loss around 11 pounds!!!
I even got another 5 pound star sticker for my little book!

I felt as if I had been granted a reprieve!  And I also felt guilty when I got my star--I sure don't think I've earned it!  That said, I had a wonderful time at the meeting, and it's given me the impetus I need to get back on top of tracking my points and getting my butt to water aerobics regularly!  It also gave me a good excuse to go to Old Navy and spend too much money on summery clothes heehee.  Don't worry, I stayed within my monthly discretionary money...barely.

In the spirit of getting things back on the right track, I'm also making it a goal to post more than just two times this week lol.  In that spirit, here is our menu plan for the week!

Breakfast:  some combination of egg, toast, fruit and/or yogurt with cottage cheese with milk
Lunch:  turkey and cheese sandwich for me, leftovers or buying for Bryan
Dinner:
MONDAY:  Spaghetti with a salad and garlic bread
TUESDAY:  Sit and Stitch=Taco night!
WEDNESDAY:  Garlicky Baked Shrimp
THURSDAY:  Feta and Pesto Stuffed Chicken
FRIDAY:  Pita Pizzas!
SATURDAY:  Left-overs or out to eat.  This weekend is "Mulch The Yard Weekend!" combined with "Paint The Walls Weekend" so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to want to cook. :-P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails