Monday, April 25, 2011

Menu Planning Monday!

I completely skipped menu planning last week, as well as most of my other planned posts.
I guess when I've got a lot on my mind, that tends to happen lol.  Time to get back in the swing of posting!  For starters, this weekend was a ton of fun!  Like a complete dummy, I brought my camera to everything we did...and totally forgot to take pictures.  So, it will have to be a purely verbal sum-up.

Thursday we had our own family Muster with Bryan's Papa and Mimi, his cousin Jimmy, his Uncle David, and cousins Brooke (who goes to A&M in the fall...WHOOP!) and Claire.  It was a wonderful time, chatting with everyone, swapping stories from our respective days at A&M.  Saturday, we had Bouncer and Alicia, Ethan and Julie and Lindsay and Ben over for a crawfish boil!  It was a ton of fun--Bryan did a great job with the crawfish and we all laughed and hung out til the evening.  Sunday was Easter.  We actually overslept and didn't make it to church (ooops) but we did have a wonderful Sunday brunch, just the two of us.  Then we trekked up to Spring for Dad's side of the family's reunion and spent the day with my parents, grandparents, Aunt Stacey and Uncle Joey and Cody and Shelby, plus the extended family.  Bryan played in the softball game and got some awesome hits!  Then we went out to eat with mom and dad, and went to the house in Spring to play with the pups and visit for awhile.
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend!

And now starts the new week!  Today has been productive so far.  The house is clean, except for Bryan's crawfish pot and ice chest.  The laundry is in the process of being done and I changed up a few of my decorative touches.  Later I'm going to run to Hobby Lobby for a bit--I need to get out of the house for awhile.  This week should be much quieter than last week (I hope) until next Sunday, when we're going on a NASA trip to SplashTown!  I'll definitely have to remember to take AND USE my camera then!

Now, on to the food!  I'm still using a lot of Weight Watcher recipes, and most of them are scrumptious!  However, I am NOT weight in today.  This weekend was my first holiday since joining up with WW and let's just say I belly flopped lol.  Beer and margaritas and crawfish and two rounds of Mexican food PLUS the Sunday brunch...yeah, I have a lot to make up for this week before I weigh in again!  On that note, here's the menu plan for this week!

Breakfast:  some combination of egg, toast, fruit and/or yogurt with cottage cheese with milk
Lunch:  turkey and cheese sandwich for me, leftovers or buying for Bryan
Dinner:
MONDAY: Leftover Beef and Ricotta Lasagna
TUESDAY: Possibly Lasagna again...I made a lot and it needs to be eaten lol.
FRIDAY:  Pita Pizzas!
SATURDAY:  Gan Gan's Meatloaf
SUNDAY: SPLASHTOWN DAY!  We'll probably just eat our fill of BBQ before coming home for the evening lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails