Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Planning Monday!

Wow!  I got so caught up in the new book I'm reading on my Kindle, I almost completely forgot to menu plan today!  And since the hubby will be home soon and we're planning on going to the store this evening, that would have been quite inconvenient!

That said, this book is awesome!  It's Entwined by Heather Dixon--a really well-done retelling of a classic fairy tale.  I discovered this book through Arena over at The Nerd's Wife, and will probably write a review for it some time this week.

This weekend was lots of fun, even if Bryan was out of town Friday and Saturday.  SOT had their Spring Kick-Off ride to San Antonio this year, and that's just too far of a ride for me these days.  Instead, Lindsay and I had one of our every-two-month lunches on Saturday and spent three hours catching up on life.  Then I went to the dollar theater to seen Tangled...and LOVED it so much, I bought it the next day!  I also went to the beach for a little while on Saturday evening and enjoyed sitting in the sand and watching the waves roll in to the tunes of Great Big Sea.  Sunday was church and then Bouncer and Alicia came over again for beer brewing.  Alicia and I knitted and watched Tangled!  Brewing only took until 5:30 this time, and then I made Coconut Shrimp for dinner and Bryan and I spent the evening watching Naruto!

Anyway, no WeightWatcher update today because, well, I slept through the meeting.  Ok, I did not sleep until 12:45 today, but I did sleep until it was too late to make the meeting.  I was really tired for some reason.  So, I'll just have to be extra-good this week and go weigh in next week!  Now, on to the Menu Plan this week!

Breakfast:  some combination of egg, toast, fruit and/or yogurt with cottage cheese with milk
Lunch:  turkey and cheese sandwich for me, leftovers or buying for Bryan
Dinner:
MONDAY:  Honey-Glazed Tilapia
TUESDAY: Tacos
WEDNESDAY:  Crispy Pecan-Crusted Chicken Breasts--since my hubby has been asking for them!
FRIDAY:  Pita Pizzas!
SATURDAY:  My friend Kim is getting married next weekend, so we'll be at her wedding on Saturday!
 
There's also this amazing Creamy Lemon Pie recipe that I'm wanting to try this week--though I might use Lime instead! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails