Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Well, I've Got To (Re)Start Somewhere!

Confession Time:  
I haven't been working out at all for the past 3 months.
Yes, I said 3 months.

It all started with a bad blood test and then came the RA retrogression.
Once I was declared disabled, I had to file my disability claim.
Because I am now subject to said status, I have to get working out cleared by my doctor, and I wasn't doing well enough to be cleared...until recently!

My doctor has cleared my to do water aerobics and ride the recumbent stationary bike!!!


So, this week I have started working out again.
Monday and today I've ridden 45 minutes a day on the bike.
I'll do the same on Friday.
Next week, I'll add water aerobics on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I'm going to have to be sure not to overdo--I doubt that I'll be able to work out every week day.
I'll be happy if I can consistently work out three days out of five.

I'm also counting calories again., and trying to make healthy food choices.
I was up to 173 pounds a couple of weeks ago, and I am NOT happy with that.

So, I've made a plan.
I want to get back down to 160 by the beginning of February.
I'd prefer to be 150-155, but I'll be happy with 160 by February.
I'll work on the other 5-10 pounds after that, if necessary.

So, February--that's 13 weeks away.
So as long as I lose at least 1 pound a week, I should be able to reach my goal.

Honestly, I'm not too worried--most of my weight gain has been due to overeating, making poor eating choices, and to inactivity.
I now can change the latter, and I am determined to improve the former.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails