Monday, May 9, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

Howdy howdy!  Here we are at the start of a new week.  Glad we all made it!
This weekend was crazy busy.  Saturday, our friends Ethan and Julie came over for lunch and beer brewing during the day, and then that evening Bryan and I headed over to the west side of town for my step-cousin Melanie's wedding.  She and Eric (the groom) had a beautiful outdoor ceremony and a very nice reception, complete with a photo booth!  It was a good time.

Sunday was Mother's Day!  Happy late Mother's Day to any moms reading this!  We got up and headed up to my mom and dad's house and took them and my brother out for lunch at Luby's!  My dad's side of the family had plans to get together at my cousin Casey's new house that afternoon, but Bryan and I really wanted to make sure that the five of us had some time with just us and my mom.  After lunch we headed to Casey's and hung out around his very shiny cool new pool.  My little cousin Max was so fun to watch--he LOVES the water!  That evening we went to Lindsay's birthday party, which was a ton of fun, and then we headed home.

And today is Monday.  Monday monday monday.  Mooooonday.  And it's one of those Mondays where I'm just exhausted and feeling completely blah.  I don't have the motivation to be productive--though I will have to get a few things done today or this week will snowball on me.  I don't have the motivation to knit--which is mostly due to the fact that my right wrist is killing me.  I'm not in a chipper frame of mind over all--and that's because I didn't go til bed til late, got woken up early, and tossed and turned for a few hours before giving up and getting out of bed.  So, in an attempt to alleviate the funk I'm in, here's the menu plan for the week!

Breakfast:  some combination of egg, toast, fruit and/or yogurt with cottage cheese with milk
Lunch:  turkey and cheese sandwich for me, leftovers or buying for Bryan
Dinner:
MONDAY:  Coconut Shrimp
TUESDAY: Sit and Stitch! Honey-Glazed Tilapia
WEDNESDAY:  Crispy Pecan-Crusted Chicken--since I didn't make it last week!
THURSDAY:  Beef and Ricotta Lasagna
FRIDAY:  Pita Pizzas!
SATURDAY:  Even though the actual date is Monday (May 16), we're celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary this weekend!  So, either out to eat OR left over lasagna, in case we go out during the day.
SUNDAY:  Leftover lasagna!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails