Tuesday, May 31, 2011

There's Something in the Water

And I sure would like to drink it!
What am I talking about?
Well, there's this phenomenon that I observed both Spring semesters when I was teaching high school.
Between the months of February and May babies start popping up and out everywhere!
This year, because I'm no longer teaching, I didn't really think I would observe this trend.  After all, a trend in the overwhelmingly female-dominated profession of teaching does not necessarily carry over into the "real world".
I'm happy to say I was wrong!

In the past couple of months, two of my friends have announced their pregnancies (congrats Arena!), two have had babies--three, including one blog friend (congrats Emily!)--and one is ready to deliver any day now (congrats Meredith!).  I'm so happy for all of my friends!  I can't wait for it to be our turn, so ladies, exactly what water have y'all been drinking? lol

Anyway, I know I haven't posted in a week--things were kinda stressful around here.  Good, but stressful.  My mother-in-law came to stay with us last week, which was a ton of fun!  In between her massage sessions (she's the best message therapist ever!) we chatted and caught up, drank tea and wine, and had a good time.  My sister-in-law came over to hang out one day and we baked scones!  We also watched the first couple of episodes of Corpse Princess on Netflix.

On the downside, I had a pretty bad RA flare that lasted from Wednesday morning all the way through Thursday.  And that plain sucked!  And right as I was coming out of that, I got a fever blister.  SUCK.  I took my body's hints and took it pretty easy on Friday and this weekend.  I went to Tiffany's birthday lunch, but other than that, I just took it easy and did some laundry and light cleaning.

Oh!  And I made some great progress on my knitting projects!
I finished my first of two maroon banana silk scarves!  I used a drop-stitch pattern and size 15 needles to knit one skein into this pretty scarf!  I love it and can't wait til it's the colder part of Aggie football season to break it out!  I also bought a second skein--I'm going to make another of the same scarf as a surprise present for a friend who's moving away.  Her's will turn out much better than mine because I have the pattern down now!  I'll probably get quite a bit of it done tonight at Sit&Stitch!


I also blocked my shawl!  It looks so pretty!
It's not a super-long shawl, but more of a shoulder wrap.  I love the different colors and textures!
I still have to add the fringe, but other than that, that's another project down!

I also went to Park Avenue Yarns and bought the yarn and needles for my next project!
I'm going to attempt a fairly complicated lacy shawl I found on Ravelry.com!
Starting that is going to wait until after I finish the next scarf.

This weekend Bryan and I just hung out around the house, helped Lindsay and Ben move on Saturday, went to church on Sunday, and hung out with Bouncer and Alicia on Monday!  Alicia and I also went to see Bridesmaids--it was a really funny and cute movie!  All in all it was a great weekend!

Today, I overslept, so no water aerobics.  I also feel icky, so I'm taking it easy.  Hopefully my body will get it's act together soon!  Oh well.  Anyway, that just about catches up on what I've been up to!  I hope everyone else had a great week and Memorial Day weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails