Friday, May 14, 2010

Teaching Today

This is my 100th post!

And this pretty much sums up both the world of education AND the mentality of an overwhelming number of today's parents:

I thank God on a daily basis for my students who take responsibility for their education.  I also thank God for the seemingly all too few parents who still hold their children accountable for their part in their education AND still hold THEMSELVES accountable and responsible for actually BEING parents to their children, instead of friends and (mentally) fellow teenagers.  God help us all if their numbers don't grow, and soon.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the smart and responsible people in the world know how to use birth control. Remind me to tell you a story about Mark's next door neighbors, and their theory on childbirth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is also a high school teacher and some of the things that parents say and do now just shocks me. Yay for only a few more weeks of school until summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails