Monday, May 24, 2010

Not Me! Monday


"Not Me!" Monday is a blog ring started by MckMama!  It's a ton of fun!  I found it through Arena, over at The Nerd's Wife.

So, for starters, I did NOT forget to do a Not Me! Monday post last week.  NOT ME! With that in mind, I present today's description of things I definitely did NOT do today!

I did NOT consider chucking a pillow at my husband's head when he turned the light on before my alarm went off.  NOT ME! 

I also did NOT contemplate chucking a towel at my husband when he was rushing me to get out the door even though we were actually running a full 15 minutes ahead of schedule.  NOT ME!

For the record, I never entertain violent notions early in the morning.  NOT ME!  I am always sunny and chipper from the moment my eyes open and my feet touch the floor. 

Once at school today, I definitely did NOT spend all of my first period conference time reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians:  The Lightning Thief.  First of all, I would never neglect lesson planning and class prep to read a leisure novel.  Secondly, I never read "young adult" novels--my tastes are much more sophisticated.  (Additionally, I have not reread Tamora Pierce's Alanna series, also "young adult", at least five times.)  NOT ME!

I also did NOT go with Bryan to the bookstore today to buy the next two books in the series.  NOT ME!

When dealing with my students today, I did NOT have to bite my lips to keep from screaming that they were all lazy, irresponsible nincompoops.  First of all, it would have been unfair to those who actually spent the 45 minutes necessary to complete the project due today.  More important, I NEVER want to scream at my students.  NOT ME!

I also did NOT want to start cussing the education system as a whole for making me, the high school Spanish teacher, explain in excruciating detail, why "When I rode a bike" is a sentence fragment instead of a complete sentence, regardless of what language in which it is written.  I would NEVER be tempted to use foul language in my classroom.  NOT ME!

After school, I headed to my MRI appointment.  When reminded that bra under-wires and MRI machines do not get along, I definitely did NOT slip my bra off out from under my shirt (which was still on) in front of the male technician and calmly place it in the locker with my belt and purse.  NOT ME!  I am the soul of modesty, and would never remove an article of clothing without being in a restroom or dressing room.

(The above just goes to show that I have been to see entirely too many medical professionals over the past four years.  I'm definitely not comfortable stripping in front of one or anything, but removing a bra without taking off my shirt?  Definitely no longer an issue.)

When I got home, the very first thing I did was NOT to update my Facebook status countdown of the days until summer.  NOT ME!  Again, I would like to make it clear that I am not ecstatic that the year is about to end, and that the high point of my day is definitely not striking another day from my countdown.

(There are only 7 more days with kids until summer!)

This evening, I definitely did NOT choose Whataburger over cooking stuffed chicken for dinner.  NOT ME!  I never choose the easy-and-bad-for-you option over the not-as-easy-and-healthy option. 

And tonite, I am NOT spending time blogging when I have no idea what I'm going to do for a review lesson tomorrow.  NOT ME!

;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails