Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


I've been following Laura over at I'm An Organizing Junkie for a couple of months now.  She has some absolutely wonderful organizing tips and tricks.  This summer I have started planning our menus for the week, and it has been wonderful!

That said, as well as things have gone, there have been a couple of bumps in the road.  So,I'm going to add a second part to these Menu Planning Monday posts:  Confessions of Meals Gone Wrong!

Last week, I tried my hand at Crock Pot Enchilada Cassrole.  It tasted fine, but boy did it come out soupy!  It was supposed to be a casserole NOT enchilada soup!  I couldn't even get it into a storage container.  Why?  I made a rookie mistake--luckily since I'm a rookie, I'm allowed!

When Beth posted this recipe, she shared that 2 pounds of meat was way too much, and suggested only using 1 pound of meat.  I followed that suggestion and it did indeed provide me with a good amount of meat.  BUT (and here's the rookie mistake) I did NOT drain the meat NOR did I halve the liquids that needed to be used in the recipe.  So OF COURSE I ended up with enchilada soup!

Lol. Oh well.  Everything else last week turned out splendidly--I'll definitely be repeating the Fresh Broccoli and Chicken Toss, and the Garlicky Shrimp Bake later on.  Speaking of on, on to this week!

Without further ado, here's my menu plan for next week!


Breakfast: yogurt, fresh fruit, cottage cheese or oatmeal (possibly eggs or blueberry muffins this weekend)

Lunch:  leftovers, or sandwiches (cheese and meat or PBJ)

Dinner
Monday: DiGiorno Pizza and Breadsticks (yes, it's a splurge, but a yummy one!)
Tuesday:  Maple-Chili Glazed Pork Medallions with mixed veggies and mashed sweet potatoes
Wednesday:  Crab Cake Burgers with side salad
Thursday:  Pasta Milano with green beans
Friday: Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken with rice
Saturday and Sunday:  leftovers, salad w/crab meat, or maybe out to eat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails