Monday, June 14, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


I've been following Laura over at I'm An Organizing Junkie for a couple of months now.  She has some absolutely wonderful organizing tips and tricks.  Now, anyone who know me knows that organization and I have had a mutually ambivalent relationship for years.  25 years to be exact.  That said, this summer several of my goals and projects revolve around organizing my time, cooking, and house, and Laura's blog has some excellent advice.  

My favorite organization tool is the Menu Planning.  Every Monday Laura posts her menu for the week.  Now that summer is in full swing, I'm going to try to utilize this organizational method.  I'm hoping that this makes my grocery shopping more efficient!  Here goes my first attempt!  

Breakfast:  either oatmeal, or yogurt, or cottage cheese and fresh fruit, or eggs with toast

Lunch:  either ham and cheese sandwich, or peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or leftovers

Dinner (here's where the planning part comes in):
Monday:   Meat Muffins
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Chicken served on rice with a side of green beans
Wednesday:  Hawaiian Pita Pizzas
Thursday:  Left-overs
Friday:   Gan Gan's Meatloaf with a side of red potatoes
Saturday and Sunday:  leftovers or salad w/crab meat or out to eat

OK, so now all I need to do is wait for the hubby to get home, and then head to the grocery store!  Why do I have to wait, you ask?

Because his truck died on the way to work this morning, and I had my first experience driving a towed vehicle!  Gah.  Hopefully it will be an easy fix.  In the mean time, he's in my car today.  So, grocery shopping this evening, and then trying out this whole planned menu for the week concept!  Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails