Monday, April 5, 2010

Start Me (Back) Up!

It's been about a month since I worked out.  Granted, I had some good reasons for the hiatus--bronchitis, Costa Rica, flared ankles--but there was also that one week of pure laziness lol.  Anyway, I found myself starting to make excuses for THIS week too.  And that, ladies and gentlemen, is completely unacceptable.

So, getting a firm grip on my laziness and shoving it into its box in the back of my head, I started the restarting process this Sunday.  I nervously turned on the Wii, loaded the Wii Fit disk, and turned the Wii Fit board on.  The last time I weighed in was after returning from our trip--I had gained two pounds back and was at 162.  After another two weeks of not working out, I was feeling pretty certain that that number had gone up.  I took a deep breath and got on the board, waiting for it to display my weight of.....

159.8!!!!!

I've lost the two pounds I gained back!  With that wonderful piece of motivating news, I embarked on my first week back in a work-out routine.  Today I returned to water aerobics class.  It kicked my butt!  I hadn't realized how much a month off would affect my stamina!  Granted, I did do my usual 10 minutes on the elliptical machine, but still!  I'm definitely glad that I didn't give in to my inertia again this week.

Since I'm starting over, let me state my adjusted goal:

It is my goal, through regular exercise and semi-healthy eating habits, to lose another 10 pounds by the end of June, two and a half months from now.  That would put me right at or just under 150lbs.

Having said all that, I'd still be happy if I fell a few pounds short of my goal, as long as I reach 155 or less.  The goal is not so much quick weight loss, after all.  It's to lose weight through a lifestyle change and be able to KEEP THAT WEIGHT OFF!!!  Also, the goal is to maintain an active lifestyle with the hope of furthering my overall health, and strengthening my bones, joints, and connective tissues so that they can (hopefully) weather the progression of my RA better.

Speaking of Rheumatoid Arthritis, my next appointment is Thursday April 15.  We had to change my appointment/infusion to the morning (Dr. C isn't seeing patients in the afternoon), so I'm going to have to burn a day.  That leaves me with only one day to get me through the end of the year, so here's hoping I don't get bronchitis again, or for that matter, sick at all!  Only 8 weeks and 4 days left until summer!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you girl! It's been a while since I went to the gym, too. Motivation is so hard to find... Maybe next week, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just having a couple of weeks off from working out will really take a lot out of you, but I am so proud of you! Just push through. Watch what you eat, count your calories, and keep working out and you'll be there! I've been at a plateau for a few months now, and I really am ready to break it, so I've been starting to buckle down myself. I'll keep cheering you on! You can totally do it! Go Kristen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement chicas! And go us for having goals to begin with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails