Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Garden Sleuth!

I am the Garden Sleuth!

Ok, ok not really.  I am just so excited that I found out the names for two more of my front yard plants!


  These are mini azaleas!  My mom thought she recognized the as such when we had our girls' day, and I verified that through a comparison with my true azaleas and through this wonderful thing called Google!  lol.















These are dietes bicolor, or fortnight lilies!  This one took me quite a bit of time to figure out...I ended up stumbling across a Yahoo! question posted about a year ago by someone else trying to figure out what the heck they are!  I love these plants, but some of them are going to have to go.  The landscapers used individual bulbs of them as filler--which they definitely are NOT.  So, some of the will be replaced with some annuals this summer at some point.


Those are my two new discoveries!  I still need to identify much of the shrubbery, but since a lot of that does not bloom, it will probably take me a bit longer.

In other gardening news, Bouncer and Bryan rented an aerator for the lawns.  We hope that by getting more oxygen down to the root systems, our St. Augustine will finish waking up and then CHOKE OUT all the other weed grass that is currently flourishing in our yard.  With that, I'm off to prop my ankle up...silly system coming through has it all flared.  But hooray for the rain for my plants!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails