Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Inmates are Running the Asylum

By this I am referring to my two dogs, and the 7 month old chocolate lab puppy I'm watching for a friend. They have been doing fine...all playing together and being friends. Today for some reason, they all decided that they need my undivided attention and to be in my lap. I think all three of them are having some form of separation anxiety--the pup from his mama, and my two from their daddy. They are clingy and hyper, grumpy and tired simultaneously. All in all, this whole day has brought up the question of who's really in charge--the dogs or the human?

The answer is clearly the canines.

PS: Our pointer is on my shit list tonight. We were running (yes, literally) towards the dumpster in the complex parking lot when she decided to dodge in front of me, spin so that she was perpendicular to my path, and stop. So other than learning that the dogs are really in charge, what else have I learned today?

I still remember how to take a fall. Which soothes my ego a bit, but does nothing for my scraped side. Ah well. They can't all be A+ days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails