Sunday, October 19, 2008

And I Think to Myself

what a wonderful world.

Or at least, what a wonderful weekend! As predicted, the Aggies lost, BUT we were winning at half time and we played right with Tech for most of the game! Our two friends enjoyed the game, and so did we! Even though the hubby spilled my Skittles lol. We went back to their apartment and took all four of the dogs for a walk, on which we ran into another friend and her Border Collie. She joined us for our walk, and then we all went out to Mama Rosa's for dinner...yum! We drove around for a bit, and then dropped the friend back off at her car. The four of us then went to Wal Mart and bought some movies and the Battle of the Sexes board game.

At the apartment, we put in Tokyo Drift, opened up the game and the booze, and had a rip roaring good time! The boys polished off basically a 12 pack of beer, and we girls had about 3 BIG glasses of Arbor Mist a piece! Yeah, good times. Though I must say, the questions the girls have to answer in that game are WAY harder than the questions for boys. Example: Girls, what was the date and show on which the Beatles first appeared in America? Boys, finish this advertisement: "Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's _________ ." Yeah. Oh well, we girls at least won one!

My only sad face was that we didn't ever tag up with my other friend in CS...though she was probably in Waco this weekend anyway. But still, I miss her, and will have to call this week. All in all, it was a good time. And it was nice to feel like young 20-somethings again, instead of feeling like old married full-time employees!

Today we went to my Nannie's 71st birthday party, where everyone from dad's side attended, except for my new girl step-cousin and her boyfriend. She was sick though, so I guess that's ok :-P lol. It was a lot of fun, and little brother's new girlfriend came too. I really like her a lot...she fits in with us, she gives as good as she gets, and she seems to be adventurous and rough-and-tough enough for little brother...as well as having the girly side he likes too. So far, she's my favorite of the girls he's dated, so we'll see where that goes.

Now, I'm killing time before my shower. I watched the ending montage from our wedding video on the videographer's website (ours is an example of his best work! SO COOL!) and have been piddling around on the internet. Hubby is at his dad's shop, getting the rest of the data he needs to finish the shop's website. While I know it's important, and am glad that particular project is almost successfully completed AND I can't wait to see the shop's site, hubby leaves for Flagstaff on Tuesday, and I'm a little bummed that I don't get him to myself tonight. Granted, we've spent all weekend together, but still...it wasn't what I'd call alone time, and tomorrow I go to work. Of course, I'll get to spend tomorrow night with him so that will be nice. I'm excited for him, really and truly. This will be his first field test, and will be a great adventure for him...and he might get to see the Grand Canyon on his day off! That said, I'm a little bummed he's going to be gone until November 1st. Bleck. Oh well. Off to the shower, and the start of another week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails