Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gotta Love Halloween Surprises

After dark on Halloween, I had just finished carving Charlie (my jack-o-lantern), was watching Resident Evil AND it was dark outside. The undead were chasing the group of survivors through the catacombs that was the Hive (which still sounds like a stupid idea to me) and Charlie's pumpkin eyes were glowing eerily (mostly because of the tea light candles I put in his gut). Suddenly a loud, insistent knock sounds on my door. Due to the ambiance, I jumped and then proceeded to walk quickly to the door (hey, I wasn't scared, not even a little bit...nevermind it was too late for trick-or-treaters...and the fact that I hadn't had any all night...). I looked throught the peep hole.

Noone was there.

I start walking away from the door, figuring it was just some kid prank knocking on doors and a bit irritated that I'd just missed some zombies getting their heads blown in.

The knock came again. Louder. More insistent.

I turn back around, this time with a bit more trepidation. I peer through the peep hole a second time, and there stands.....




My husband!!! Lol.



My wonderful hubby, besides giving me a minor case of Halloween heebie geebies, caught a flight 24 hours earlier than planned and surprised me with an early homecoming! It really was a wonderful surprise! He also surprised me a pretty necklace (which just happens to go perfectly with a pair of my favorite earrings!). We got to spend a wonderful evening together, catching up on TV shows and a few other things. It is so good to have him back!

Like I said in my other post, I could definitely manage the whole post-college, single 20-something lifestyle, but I am so thankful to have found my match and be married to my best friend! I really was kinda lonely without him. It is so wonderful to be able to cook him dinner, crawl into bed together, snuggle on the couch, smell his cologne, and feel his arms around me!

Of course, now the challenge of maintaining good eating and excercise habits comes back. The past two weeks, I had gotten into a pretty good routine. Now, that routine is going to change a bit, and I've just gotta figure out a way to merge the "two weeks alone routine" with the "hubby's back routine". By the way, I was down to 160.6 lbs on my bathroom scale this morning! I haven't used the Wii Fit today, so that number will have to suffice.

Anyways, back to my nap on the couch with my wonderful man!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails