Monday, June 13, 2011

Sleeping with The Koyote and Menu Planning Monday!

Whew!  Last week was a super-busy week!  After my Menu Planning post last Tuesday, I expected my week to slow down and actually planned on posting at least one more time before now.  How wrong I was!  Tuesday night was Sit&Stitch and then Wednesday was a day of cleaning.  My focus was our master bathroom.  It took my two hours, but I'm proud to say out bathroom is now as clean as it was when we bought the house!  Very shiny!

And of course, after that type of effort, I was totally flared on Thursday.  So, it's official--gone are the days where I can stage a mass cleaning in one day's time.  I'm going to have to remember to remember that lol.  I think it will work best if I plan cleaning projects out over a few days.  For example, I could break the bathroom into a counters-mirror-toilet day and then a bathtub-shower-floors day.  Live and learn!

So, Thursday I took it easy and only did the laundry and straightening up that I needed to accomplish before Bryan and I headed out of town.  We packed up Thursday night and headed out nice and early to meet up with Ethan and Julie!  Bouncer and Alicia are fantastic and watched the pups for us while we were gone.  I love our friends!

After a couple of hours lost to Ethan's stubborn battery, the boys finally rode off and Julie and I started our road trip up to Koyote Ranch!  It's a beautiful ranch a little south of Kerrville.  Somehow, Julie and I beat the boys to the ranch and got checked in and unloaded.  Our cabin was BEAUTIFUL! 

I wish I'd taken more pictures!  Bryan and I took the loft bed--I love lofts--and Ethan and Julie were on the ground floor.  We even had AC and our own bathroom!   It was great!  On top of all that, the cabin also had an amazing back porch!  We all spent quite a bit of time on the porch, especially in the mornings and evenings.

We hung out at the pool with all the SOT family and Ethan, Julie and Bryan went and rode the roads known as the Three Sisters on Saturday.  Since I can't ride for an extended period of time, I went for a walk with Kim and hung out at the pool and on our cabin's awesome porch.  The views were beautiful and it was altogether an enjoyable trip.

The only bummer was that I was hoping to get to spend some one-on-one time with the hubby while we were there, and that didn't really happen.  That's ok though, because we're hoping to take another mini-vacation some time in August or September, just the two of us!  That means I have some researching of places to go to do!  I love researching traveling!

Anyway, yesterday morning we packed up and headed out.  Julie and I had a good ride, except that she had to keep fixing the air conditioning in the truck lol.  It got a bit hot.  We finally made it home and took it easy until bedtime.  Today, I'm unpacking and doing laundry and generally getting ready for the rest of the week.  I finished watching a new anime on NetFlix: Ouran High School Host Club!  It's really cute and I actually went to HPB.com and found good deals on the first 10 volumes of the manga!  That's right, I've actually cracked open the door that I long ago shut on my manga addiction lol  Oh well--at least I can always sell them back at a Half-Price Books store if I want to. 

Other than that, my clothes order from Old Navy came in today!  The jeans are perfect, and two of the pairs of shorts fit fine, but the other two pairs--even though they are the same style, size and product DON'T fit!  I don't understand it.  Oh well--at least I can return them at the store at Baybrook!  Not to mention, that will give me a good excuse to run to the Barnes and Nobles and Starbucks across the street!

This week should be pretty low-key.  I'm planning on going to water aerobics Tuesday and Thursday, and Sit&Stitch tomorrow night.  Other than that, we'll see how the week goes!  And on that note, here's the menu plan this week!

Breakfast:  some combination of egg, toast, fruit and/or yogurt with cottage cheese with milk
Lunch:  turkey and cheese sandwich or PBJ for me, leftovers or buying for Bryan
Dinner:
MONDAY:  Bryan's working a bit extra late today, so we're going to grab something out-to-eat whenever he makes it home.
TUESDAY: Sit and Stitch!  Traditional Sonic night!  After all, it's not MY fault we're eating out tonight, which makes tomorrow two nights out in a row lol.
THURSDAY:  Coconut Shrimp
FRIDAY:  Pita Pizzas
SATURDAY:  I'm thinking Taco Night!
SUNDAY:  Beef and Ricotta HALF lasagna!  I'm going to try to figure out how to make half a lasagna from the Weight Watcher's recipe I have.  Once we have a kid big enough to eat lasagna, the full-sized one will be great...but right now, we end up eating lasagna for a week!  So, half-size is what we need!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails