Friday, January 29, 2010

This Week in Workout Review

My first water aerobics class was wonderful, and my second was even better!  Our instructor really keeps us moving for the entire 50 minutes of the class!  The second time, I didn't use the resistance water weights, since they caused me to flare this last Tuesday.  My strategy worked, and I wasn't limping around all day yesterday!

Today, I fought the temptation that is my new Wii game and went to the gym.  I started out with a 10 minute warm-up on the elliptical, and then went on to weight machines, isometrics and ball workouts.  Using the balance ball and a weighted medicine ball, I did 1 set of 20 squats, and a 2nd set of 10.  I then changed positions, and did one set of 20 crunches, and another set of 10.  I hit the leg press, and did one set of 20 at 90lbs and another set of 10 and 90lbs.  The butt maching (a highly technical term, I know ;-)) was next, one set of 10 at 35lbs, and another 10 at 25 lbs.  Leg extensions were 2 sets of 10 at around 30 lbs.  Then I did two sets of 20 isometric cruches, and two for-as-long-as-I-could-hold-it modified plank position holds.  THEN I went for 20 minutes on the exercise bike.  I left the gym feeling shaky but (unlike with the trainer session) NOT nauseous.  I consider that a success!

So, all in all, it was a good week.  I met my minimum goal of 3 gym session (the two water aerobics and today), and I feel more energetic already.  I can't wait to go again next week, and I can't wait to start seeing results here in a bit.  Weigh in will be tomorrow (hooray Saturday), but this one will only be weight and BMI.  I'm going to wait until Febuary 16 to get my body fat % measured again--I figure a month will give it sufficient time to truly respond to my new routine!

I'm so glad I have this blog organized so that I can record my workout information.  Yay accountability!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails