Friday, January 29, 2010

Celebrating a Quater of a Century

It's strange to think I've actually been alive a quater of a century, as of yesterday!  That's how my husband put it anyway lol.  That particular phrase made me think of how much I've already seen in my life.  Then I tried to project that over another two quarters, to age 75---and it blew my mind.  The only sure thing is that it will be an interesting ride, and that EVERYTHING will change lol. 

I had an awesome birthday though!  The kids at school all behaved fairly well, and three of my girls brought me presents.  One brought me a plush dog AND a card, one brought me dried seaweed (because we had talked about making sushi at one point), and one MADE me a card (she's an incredible artisit!).  It really was wonderful to know that I have touched their lives in such a positive way that they brought me birthday presents.  Then I came home and my amazing husband gave me his gift--the new Final Fantasy for the Wii!!!!  I know what I'll be doing this weekend ;-) lol.  Bryan then took me to Saltgrass for a wonderful dinner.  I tried out their "Texas Two Step" drink, and consequently crashed out on the couch when we got home...at 8 o'clock.  At least I got a good night's rest!  And Bryan has also coordinated a group birthday dinner tomorrow night with some sort of fun shinanigans afterwards!  He really is just about the best man a girl could want.  Mom and Dad are going to come take us out for lunch tomorrow for my birthday, so that will be fun as well!

Today, several people wished me belated birthdays, and one student gave me a squished chocolate donut (which I suspect was originally for herself, but hey, it was a very sweet gesture) and another gave me a pack of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (which I shared with Bryan...hey!  I'm trying to eat healthy stuff remember? lol).  As much as I sometimes complain and worry about my kids, there really are some good ones in this year's bunch.  After work, I wanted to rush home and play my video game, but right as I was getting packed up, one of my students from last year swung by.  He did not pass last year, and actually ended up at the Summit (alternative school) for the better part of this year, due to his addiction to pot and the fact that he got caught in possession of said drug on campus.  He needed some help with his Spanish work, so I walked him through answering questions in complete sentences---and boy was it wonderful to see the light go on!  Even more wonderfu than that, he told me he's clean and has been so for eight months.  He's finally getting his life together, and focusing on school.  I am so proud of him, and SO glad to hear that.  Kids don't always make that decision, and it's good to see one of them choose the right path.

Anyway, as I said, I WANTED to go home and play my video game, BUT I was a good girl and went to the gym instead.  I even got an impressed/encouraging nod from the trainer that gave me my first session.  After that, I came home, showered, and Bryan and I went to get sushi!  I also talked to Vic for a bit about wedding stuff. Now here I am, ready to enjoy the weekend!  And I'm going to start by spending some time with my hubby and pups.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails