Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

This last weekend was a good one, and, of course, I forgot a single picture!
It was my mama's birthday, and she, Dad, Aunt Candy, Gan Gan, Brooke and her friend Halley all headed down this way.  Austin came in from Austin (which always makes me giggle a bit) and the whole lot of us went down to the island for Mexican food and Italian ice and custard at Rita's.  Then we came back to the house and drank wine!  Well, mom and I did lol.  Everyone else watched a movie and Bryan and Austin went and hung out on the back porch.

Brooke and Halley were supposed to stay here with us until Tuesday.  We were going to go see a movie today and hang out, head to the beach tomorrow, and then on Tuesday we were going to go to the zoo on the way to my parents' house.  But just before the parental units left on Saturday, we figured out that Brooke was running a fever.  She was sick so she and Halley ended up going back with everyone and I believe back home yesterday.  I wish they could have stayed, but it's important that she get better soon...after all, her senior year is just around the corner!

So, Brooke, if you're reading this:  FEEL BETTER SOON!!!  :-D

The upside was that Austin did get to stay the weekend!  I love it when he and Diego come to visit!  We spent yesterday watching a documentary about the Dark Ages--or rather, I watched while Bryan and Austin napped.  Then Austin and I watched several episodes of Bleach and Bryan worked on building the first of our cedar end tables for the game room upstairs--it's not completely finished yet, but its already so pretty!!!  We're still deciding on whether we want two or three up there---we'll see how the first two look and decide from there.  I love my hubby so much!  He's so skillful at so many things...I'm so proud of him!

So, that was our weekend!  And here's the menu plan for this week:
Breakfast:  some combination of egg, toast, fruit and/or yogurt with cottage cheese with milk
Lunch:  turkey and cheese sandwich or PBJ for me, leftovers or buying for Bryan
Dinner:
MONDAY:  Garlicky Shrimp Bake--I didn't actually end up making this last week.
TUESDAY: Sit and Stitch!  I'll pick something up on the way.
WEDNESDAY:  Spaghetti and garlic bread!
THURSDAY:  Nice big salad with imitation crab meat and bread!
FRIDAY:  Pita Pizzas
SATURDAY:  Probably out to eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails