Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu Planning Monday!

Let's get this straight.  I am actually menu planning ON A MONDAY?!?
And the world ISN'T ending?!?
Fantastic!

Maybe this means I'm getting back in my blogging groove.  I hope so, because, as lax as I've been, I really do miss writing on here.

Since my last post, my frame of mind has been generally better, even if my physical frame has not.  That's right, I'm still flared.  BUT I go to Dr. C on Thursday and am hoping for some relief in the form of cortisone joint injections.  Those needles might be huge and scary looking, but it's totally worth it!  

Why?

Because I miss being active (well, active for me) so much!  
I've tried walking--bad idea--and tried using the WiiFit--again, bad idea--but both of them exacerbated my flare.  I tried going to the gym and getting on the recumbent bike--horrible idea.  I miss water aerobics SO MUCH, but the water resistance kills my wrist, so I haven't been going.  I'm hoping next week I can go again!  In the meantime, I'm getting desperate.  I even bought an adult hula hoop on amazon.com today so that I can be active here at the house.  Hula hooping is impact free, and my back and hips are unaffected, so I'm hoping this will give me something I can go do for a few minutes a few times a day just to get up and moving.  Oh, and the one I bought has bright and happy colors!
Anyway, I'm hoping that having something to do other than sit on the couch and read (which, don't get me wrong, I LOVE) will help me sleep at night (stupid insomnia) and help me get some energy back.  Alright, enough about output!  Here's the plan for this week's input!

Breakfast:  some combination of egg, toast, fruit and/or yogurt with cottage cheese with milk
Lunch:  turkey and cheese sandwich or PBJ for me, leftovers or buying for Bryan
Dinner:
MONDAY: Tonight we had big salads with (fake)crab meat and rolls!  It sure hit the spot.
TUESDAY: Sit and Stitch!  Traditional Sonic night!
FRIDAY:  Pita Pizzas
SATURDAY:  Bryan has a ride, so I'll be on my own!  I might just enjoy another big salad--I've been salad-hungry lately!
SUNDAY: Probably out to eat!  If not that, then I might try that new Weight Watchers recipe for Chicken Pasta in a Creamy Walnut Sauce that I've been excited about!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, your hula hoop looks fun and cheerful! I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails