Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What a Month!

I've been meaning to post an update for what feels like ages...but looking on here, it's only been a month since my last entry!  I guess that shows how busy we've been lol.  So, just in time for the craziness that the holidays always bring, I'm going to share in brief form what all we've been up to for the past month!

CAYLEE
Our Caylee-bear will be 3 months old in two days!  The time just seems to be flying, but I know that we're doing our best to enjoy every single day and experience with our baby girl.  She's getting so big, and developing so much!  I'll do a picture post on her 3 month bday, of course, but here's an activity update!
  • Eats at 6-6:30am. 9am. noon, 3pm, 5:30pm, and 8pm.  Has 30-60mins of awake time after each feeding, and then naps until her next baba.
  • Rolled over from back to tummy--TWICE--at Park Avenue Yarns!
  • Rolled over from tummy to back once here at home!
  • Has the "social smile" down pat, and GRINS whenever she is really happy, or when she sees me or her Daddy first thing in the morning!
  • Sleeps from 9pm-ish to 6am-ish most nights!
  • Eats between 4 and 5 ounces most feedings!
  • Has gotten really good at grabbing things in the past week...even if she can't control what she does with them beyond that!
  • Has really active playtime on her mat!
  • Holds her binky in about half the time.
  • Pats the bottle during feedings.
  • TALKS!  Well, baby talk lol.  She makes all sorts of coo and goo and mmmm sounds now!  She actually woke us up the night before last at 2:45am talking...for about 30 minutes lol. 
  • Has started self-soothing sometimes when she wakes up at night...see above lol.
  • Has a new best friend--Raffa the Giraffe!         
 
BRYAN
  • Built his work benches in the garage.
  • Getting really close to having the Sportster where he wants it.
  • Bought a new, self-propelled lawn mower when the lawn mower from my childhood stopped working.
  • Fixed the old lawn mower.
  • Has the back yard about where he wants it, as far as flowerbeds and such.
  • Working really hard at work.
  • Is fantastically supportive and all-around wonderful :-).  And such an amazing Daddy! 
ME
  • Enjoying the heck out of all the baby cuddles I can, and loving every minute of taking care of my beautiful, sweet daughter--even on the rare fussy occasions, and the rare-but-not-as-rare-as-fussiness early morning wake ups.
  • Finally got my butt to a Weight Watchers meeting to weigh in last week, and returned this week.  In other words, I've officially gotten started.
  • Had a blast at the Quilt Show with Mama Lynn and Julie--and bought waaay more yarn than I had intended lol.  Also, bought yarn and INTERCHANGEABLE NEEDLES at Park Avenue Yarns' Anniversary Sale!
  • Have started knitting again!  Lucy's hat is done, and her blanket and Nannie's scarf will be done by Christmas--I hope!  And then I can start on my long list of other projects :-).
  • Bought 3 new WW cookbooks, and spent all day yesterday cooking and freezing meals for when we get back from the Ranch.  Mostly, because I don't want to have to menu plan, grocery shop, or cook for a while lol.      
ANNABELLE & HALEY
  • Loving on their baby and coming to get us/howling and baying if we don't address her crying quickly enough.
  • Enjoying sleeping in bed with Bryan and I (Annabelle) and on cushy pillows on the floor (Haley).  Yes, we've gone soft lol.

All of us are very much looking forward to our trip to the Hill Country this holiday season, and seeing all the extended family that we haven't seen for over a year and a half now.  And, of course, looking forward to Caylee meeting all of her cousins that she hasn't met yet!!!  Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!
     

1 comment:

  1. Kristen,

    I needed a photo of a Flounder to encourage a friend and his wife as he recently has begun receiving hospice care. Google found yours from an April 2010 post for me. Thanks. The photo brought me to your blog and I read a bit of your story. I wish you and your husband and little Caylee well. You might like the mom blog at http://www.momlifetoday.com/.

    Blessings,

    Steven Brown
    Steven.Brown@FamilyLife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails