Monday, March 1, 2010

Focus on Health

This will be a very short entry, but tehre will be some hobby-focused entries to follow later this week!

Last week--I did not go to water aerobics on Monday because, frankly, last Monday sucked and I needed a down evening.  I went and did 30 mins elliptical and 30 mins bike (at higher resistance levels!) on Tuesday, and did make it to water aerobics Wednesday, but that was the extent of my workout week, much to my chagrin.  This was because on Tuesday I developed a cough, Wednesday this resulted in my sounding like a man, Thursday I had a sore throat and the cough, and Friday was, well Friday!  I did weigh in on Sunday morning and--hooray!--was down to 158.5 pounds. 

I told myself if my cough didn't get better by today, I would go to the doctor.  It persisted through the weekend, so today I scheduled a 3:30 with Dr. Y.  And the diagnosis?  BRONCHITIS.  Yes, AGAIN.  What kind of person gets bronchitis TWICE in a TWO MONTH PERIOD?!?!  I guess the answer is me.  Suck for me.  This is a probable result of my immune system being down after my recent Remicade infusion, plus my methotrexate.  Unfortunately this results in my finding myself in a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation.  If I take my drugs, I get sick (or at least am incredibly prone to gettking sick).  If I don't take my drugs, I flare and can't walk/move/workout like a "normal" person..  All in all, however, I'll take the walking and such.

So, no water aerobics tonite, and probably little to no gym time this week.  Again suck.  That said, I do have wonderfu l cough syrup--another reason why this is a short entry.  So, I'm off to lie back down on the couch for the rest of my requisite time before I can take more cough syrup (I already took today's dose of antibiotic).  Hopefully the next dose of syrup will work longer than this first dose.  Hobby blogs to come later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your thoughts about my posts, so please leave a comment!
I'll either respond here or come comment back on your blog, promise! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails